**i knowknowKNOW it explicitly says not to use any of the sartorialist's photos on the site but i love this one soooo much (as in i NEED to recreate that outfit) and didn't think he would come after little ol me. but i can take them down if there's a problem...
Wow. Has it really been almost TWO WEEKS since I've last blogged?! So much has happened since then! First, I was offered a summer internship from Saks Fifth Avenue! I found out at the gym. I decided to check my email on the computers at the serf, just for fun, and there was a little email sitting in my inbox from Saks. At first I thought I shouldn't open it until I got home but curiosity got the best of me. I was literally jumping up and down at the serf, I got some strange looks, but whatever, I GOT AN INTERNSHIP!!!! Which means I will be living in the wonderful, the fabulous, the place where dreams come true.. New York City! That was a huge relief.
Also, I've been running a lot. As in 6 miles a day when I can, and going to hour long spin classes at least three times per week AND weight training classes. I'm training for a half marathon yo! So that's eating up a huge chunk of my time. But it's also a great mood lifter, as in it's like I'm on uppers. I guess it's those endorphins.
At the moment, I am in Florida! I came down with my family for Spring Break. Not your typical college student's spring break, but I don't really understand that kind of spring break. Why go out and get completely obliterated every night for a week. That's not refreshing or relaxing at all, which is everything a vacation is supposed to be! Thank you very much but I will lay around, do nothing, remember everything, and have a ton of fun still. ANYWAYS, the weather hasn't been great so far (it's actually the same temp in Madison, ironic) but the next few days are supposed to be in the 70's. Woop woop! Hopefully I'll get to lay out a little and get a tan.
Well. That's all for now. I suppose I should go be social. Or study for my midterm that's RIGHT after spring break. Seriously, what professor does that???
Admiring a colorful piece of art at the MOMA. Wearing my Pour La Victoires!
Some goodies I bought from the street vendors.
Fruit bowl at Le Pain Quotidien.
Butternut squash soup.
Warming up in my new h&m coat.
Double berry yogurt muffin from Dean and Delucas.
Obvs meant to be.
Dinner at Rue57.
Confused at how my camera took this pic, but I'm not complaining.
Well. I am back! That might have been the most stressful, action-packed three days of my life as far as I can remember. From the very beginning on Wednesday morning when I couldn't find my glasses (although I did find my ipod while rampaging my room), to not bringing a jacket to forgetting tights, and forgetting to print off my resume/cover letter, to forgetting my resume/cover letter in our room the final day AFTER checking out, to almost not making it on the flight home. Whew. It was eventful. But well worth it. My mom and I stayed in the midtown area and we walked around there a good amount, we ate some really yummy meals. Le Pain Quotidien might just be my new favorite place. Their butternut squash soup was amazing! We also went to the MOMA, which was interesting. I'm not the biggest fan of modern art but there were a few colorful collections I thoroughly enjoyed. They also had a special Tim Burton exhibit that made me want to throw up. He is creepy to the max.
Then there was the interview part, which I will refrain from talking about too much because I'm pretty superstitous like that. But I will say that, with luck, I will hear back THIS week. Which is good, because NYU housing just opened up... And I will say that I like the building the Saks offices are held in. They are right across from the flagship store on 5th ave. So if I lived there this summer I would have to take a subway to work everyday, which I guess would be fine. It's just strange because all the girls from Bop who have lived in New York have had internships in the SoHo area.
Anyways, a few other observances and such after visiting New York:
1. OBEY the walk signals AND look both ways 5 times before crossing the street. Or you will die. 2. New Yorkers DO wear head to toe black. I didn't notice it as much when I visited in the summer but I'm guessing that's because people wore less clothing then. 3. Service at a restaurant, what service? 4. Trying to be friendly and smile at people is useless. They won't smile back, for the most part.
Here is a little collection of some strategically place cutouts:
Alexander Wang cutout sweater, Elizabeth and James concave ring, Alexander Wang shoulder cutout dress, Ash booties, Kenneth Jay Lane pyramid ring, Leyendecker leggings, Elizabeth and James cutout wedges
On Wednesday morning I'm headed to New York City for an interview with my most favorite company ever! I am beyond nervous, yet still so excited. It's just going to be me and my mom so I'm looking forward to spending some QT with her, seeing the city again, maybe doing some shopping or seeing a show! I'll take lots of pictures, it's sure, but until then, it's back to hw. I have SO much to do yet before I leave!
1. The vintage cross-body bag I ordered from ebay finally arrived! It only took a month to get here from Ireland. I love to worn leather, I love the strap and the flap. I only wish it was able to hold more things...
2. Owl necklace from random store in the mall. No lie, I saw a girl wearing this necklace at the library the other day and I wanted it SO bad. I was too embarassed to ask her where she got it from though. I was on the lookout for the perfect owl necklace since then, only to happen to see a mannequin in the mall wearing the EXACT one I was looking for!
3. PRINTS! Not a basic black item in sight. A dress from Mink Pink, which is adorable. A floral dress from h&m, I have been wanting a floral print dress for spring for awhile now and h&m had the cutest one. A pink tribal print dress from Urban Outfitters, and finally a peacock print top from Forever21. Seriously, the fact that I don't even WANT anything black is really weirding me out lately. But it's about time I spruce up my wardrobe with colors and prints.
4. A braided headband and a bow headband from Urban, aka the place I get all my "head gear".
5. New Marc by Marc sunglasses, that will of course take up my whole face! And a bright green top. Again, color!!
6. Another trip to Urban. I have to stop going there, everytime I do I buy something! I got this high waisted pale pink skirt with black spots and it is adorable. I also got the yellow ruffle shirt, which I plan on wearing with the skirt. The skirt is available here and is only $38.