Monday, July 26, 2010

and just like that two months has come and gone

Wow. Wowowowowowow. Today was the first day of my last week at my internship with Saks for the summer. Which means on Saturday I have a flight home. It's so crazy how quickly this summer has come and gone, which I knew would happen, but still. I have learned so much this summer and more importantly I think, I have grown so much this summer. I came to New York City this summer a wide eyed innocent girl from the Midwest, and I think that I will leave the city feeling somewhat of a cultured NYC citizen.

I thought that being a buyer and living in this city was exactly what I had wanted for my entire life, but this summer has changed my perspective on things, and pretty much turned my life upside down. I don't know what I want. I don't know what I want to do. I don't know where I want to live. I don't even know who I want to be. It's kind of like I'm starting out at square one again, trying to figure myself out. And that part of this summer has been very frustrating. But also, if I had never had this experience I would still be sitting in Wisconsin thinking that NYC holds the key to making all of my dreams come true, but I'm not so sure that's the case anymore. I'm just grateful that I have one whole year left to figure that out before I am going to be forced into the real-world and forced to make grown-up decisions for myself. I don't know where I'll end up a year from now, if it will be in this city, in San Francisco (another lifelong dream of mine), in Madison, or in some other city I'd never imagine.

I guess only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment