Thursday, July 8, 2010

Restoration Hardware

I love pretty homes just as much as pretty clothes. I would talk about it more, but I'm not at a point in my life where I can even start to think about creating a pretty home. Not until I have a place I will live for at least 3 years will I invest in decorating it with anything high quality or remotely expensive. But I couldn't resist stopping into Restoration Hardware today. I passed it, walked a block, paused, and turned right back around and went inside.

It is simply amazing; straight out of a catalog. Everything is perfectly merchandised, and while it's expensive you can tell that you will get what you pay for: the highest quality furniture and houseware out there. I wandered around, looking every bit out of place and obviously not about to buy anything. But I enjoyed admiring! There was a vintage dress form I couldn't stop staring at, a telescope that would look amazing in the study of a penthouse apartment, and so much incredible wooden furniture. I fell in love with a giant $4000 mirror that had the coolest, more intricate wooden border. There was also a table full of all different sized, but still gigantic, candles. A display I would like to try and recreate in my apartment in the fall (with cheap candles, of course)

If you want to check out the website for the store you can do that: here, here!





No comments:

Post a Comment