Friday, June 4, 2010

it doesn't matter what you wear, it only matters how you wear it

I just finished my first week at Saks Fifth Avenue and I could not be more thrilled about my internship, my summer in NYC, and everything both these things will bring. These past few days I've really gotten a feel for what things will be like at SFA. My first official day at work was Elie Tahari market. It was a crazy first day, but I wouldn't have it any other way. We spent about 9 hours in the showroom looking over the Resort/Pre-Spring11 collection, and Elie himself actually stopped in (which apparently doesn't happen often) and I got to meet him! He was very, very sweet. Yesterday and today were jam-packed; entering orders and doing all the other billion things working in a buying office requires. The second we can cross one thing off our to-do list we have to add two more. I literally work the ENTIRE time I'm there. But I am loving every second of it! I have learned so much already, and these are things that definitely cannot be taught in a classroom. Although I do hope I get reaquainted with working long days again, because when I get home from work I pretty much pass out. Well I stop at a little cafe first, then watch two (maybe three) episodes of Gossip Girl, then pass out and do it again!
.
BUT tomorrow is another weekend, which means more exploring!!!!
PS. My new camera is in the mail. So I will resume taking hundreds of pics soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment